Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Lucifer Made A Band

I do not know much about current issues, as I often read the newspaper way back or I don't at all. But when I was on my way back home last night, the cabbie was listening to the radio. I overheard that the Syariah court decided to ban Black Metal music and Muslims that are caught in any incident related to it will be charged in the Syariah court.


If there is a truly one thing our nation is good at, it would be banning. If you don't agree, think harder.


So Black Metal music will be labelled 'haram'. So is alcohol, eating pork or not fasting. Yet people are still doing it, and some of my Muslim friends do them all at the same time.


I'd say that we need to educate. Banning essentially would not work as they, sometimes, do not know the reason why they are banned. As human, we do not comply to things that we do not understand.


Hence, people will still happily do it regardless if you put death sentence to it. Hey, drug trafficking has death sentence tied to it, but then again, why do people still do it. I wonder.

6 Comments:

Blogger bibliobibuli said...

When you forbid things, people just want to do them more! And young people NEED their space to rebel for their own mental health.

9:30 AM, January 24, 2006  
Blogger Ghost Hack said...

Bibliobibuli -
Exactly my sentiment.

The forbidden fruit will always taste sweeter.

10:03 AM, January 24, 2006  
Blogger Lord Vendetta said...

Im not young, but I still NEED space to rebel !

Damn. Im in holiday mood already!

10:47 AM, January 24, 2006  
Blogger Ghost Hack said...

Lord V -
Someone please force me to work. Please!

12:03 PM, January 24, 2006  
Anonymous P said...

Banning is 1 thing however the government has the tendency to act 1st then think ...

When questioned why or what purpose is the ban - either it takes them a century to even come up with a lame reason or ...

They'll just leave it ....

9:53 PM, January 24, 2006  
Blogger Ghost Hack said...

p -
And there goes democracy. Sweet.

10:01 AM, January 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home