Saturday, January 14, 2006

Let Me Take You Back to the Old School, Let Me Take You Back to the Union Square

Let me take you back to the old school. Wave your hands around like you just don't care.


All right Funk Master Flex aside, today, we are taking you back to the old school (not really old) days. A couple of years ago, when blogging was rolling down the big hill sucking in everybody in presence, I took the step of revealing my identity going out for drinks in certain blog gatherings. Alcohol always gets me suck in like a crack junkie. It was great. There you are sitting in a group, some of the them you read before, some you never heard of the existence.


All this before the Project Petaling Street has taken it's toll.


There will always be different group of people meeting up somewhere or another. Some on their own. Some just waited for the big group to make one. Then again not like it has stop now.


After meeting up a couple of times, I had to say that some accounts were scary, or rather precisely spoken, it's a very hypocrite affair.


I had sat down once, looking at my coffee and the surroundings, listening to a certain blogger lashing out on another blogger. All this behind the latter's back. You don't get to see this on the Internet because on their each blog, they are praising each other like mad dogs on love potion.


I listened and listened up to a point I nearly pop up and said, "Hey, didn't I saw this evening on each other comment, you two were like praising each other's entry. Getting all lovey dovey, like we are sisters." But I didn't. I did not want to break her balls.


To a couple more of these meetings and I stop. I couldn't take it anymore. Everyone is badmouthing the other directly or indirectly. I just wanted to pass the night with drinks and fun. I did not go there to listen to your who's more popular bullshit.


So here I am now, anonymous, and if I go out, I do not want to talk about blogs. Unless it's fucking funny and no lashing out like mad prairie dogs in heat, because if you need to do that, I recommend you do it straight on the person's face. Not like being all nice in their respective comment boxes and go crap behind their back.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lord Vendetta said...

blogwhores, fame-seekers, PMS ranters, im-better-than-that-geek, etc.

Oh, I forgot! They are only human arent they?

2:40 PM, January 14, 2006  
Blogger Ghost Hack said...

Lord V :
Phew thank God I rule the Outer Ring.

3:40 PM, January 14, 2006  
Blogger The Great Swifty said...

Great entry. And pretty much sums up why I don't want to immerse myself too deeply into the whole blogging affair.

"Most bloggers are assholes, we just pretend to like each other because it's good for traffic." - Hugh Macleod

12:33 PM, January 15, 2006  
Blogger Ghost Hack said...

elias swiftfire :
Why, thank you.

Well it is not good to immerse in everything we do. Perhaps with the exception of sex.

While not everybody is a gem, there are some nice bunch though.

10:41 PM, January 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home