Sunday, November 27, 2005

The Queue That Was Never There

While Lord Vendetta will be almost all vigilante, I will be the one who will write about anything under the sun. Yes, even when you have a cockroach living in between your ass cheeks.


Recently, I only had the time to renew my identity card to the new MyKad. The card where supposedly to have all your details and extracted out with a single swipe or inserted into a reader. I am not sure though if they have thought about the flaw of it. Every technology has it flaws. I do not know if the government had thought about chip reprogramming. But I am not here to talk about that.


So of all the JPN center available throughout Klang Valley, I chose the one latest and thought to be having less people, but boy was I wrong.


7 o' clock in the morning, when the birds started to chirp, people were already lining up awaiting the opening of the JPN center, or rather waiting to have the number tickets to determine their turn to process. What weird was there was two lines of queue, both towards the opposite direction. Who was here first? Which of the line is the correct line? Why the fuck using two lines? I mean the other line doesn't look more foreign to the one I am in.


The chaos started when one of the officer came out to give out the number tickets. Both the line claimed to be the first one there. Soon within minutes, civilised people became uncivilised and started pushing. It doesn't help either when the officer said, "Ah saya tutup mata, ambiklah sendiri."


That, my friend is an invitation for more chaos. Old people being pushed about, every auntie and uncle were reaching out their hands like teenagers on a rock concert and people shouting about.


I got number 1048, and to other centers, that would be a quick drill and I should have been processed by 9 or so. But since this center is quite new, and everything is still slow, I only managed to be done at noon. High noon.


Then I thought to myself, maybe the people there are uncivilised because they lived near the zoo. We have heard news of animal spirits coming out and invade humans. But I thought that was a hoax?

1 Comments:

Blogger Lord Vendetta said...

why do they say humans have animal instincts? go figure !

11:34 AM, November 28, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home